CICOA Aging & In-Home Solutions is a not-for-profit agency and one of 700 Area Agencies on Aging nationwide. Established in 1973 by an amendment to the 1965 Older Americans Act and incorporated in 1974, CICOA is not a government agency, but oversees state and federal funds and private donations to provide information, advocacy and support services for older adults, people with disabilities, and family caregivers.
CICOA is Indiana’s largest Area Agency on Aging and serves Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Marion, Morgan, and Shelby Counties, where more than 26 percent of Indiana’s population lives. In FY 2015 (July 2014-June 2015), CICOA and its network of for-profit and not-for-profit providers delivered the following services:
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
» Aging & Disability Resource Center
» Meals & More
» Safe at Home
» Care Management
Aging & Disability Resource Center
- Handled 119,433 incoming and outgoing calls providing information and assistance.
- Conducted 4,956 telephone assessments.
- Referred more than 22,199 callers to other community resources.
- Participated in 365 health fairs and speaking engagements.
- Engaged 957 volunteers in 23,692 hours of community service.
- Logged 298,744 visits to CICOA’s website.
- Brokered in-home care management services, such as homemaker, home health aide and attendant care to 4,730 clients.
- Conducted 8,651 nursing facility preadmission screenings.
- Improved the transition of 541 individuals from inpatient hospital settings to other care settings through Care Transitions.
Meals & More
- Delivered 491,315 meals in our eight-county area.
- Served 379,697 home-delivered meals.
- Served 104,711 meals at neighborhood meal sites.
- Served 6,907 meals through the meal voucher program.
- Served 4,354 individuals in Central Indiana.
- Conducted 103 caregiver workshops/presentations.
Safe at Home
- Completed 162 home modifications to enhance accessibility and home safety.
- Funded or directly provided 49,574 one-way trips. This includes direct transportation trips (Essential Needs, Shuttle) and funded trips (Reuben Center, Taxi Discount Coupons, Wheelchair Vouchers, New Freedom Vouchers.)