CICOA Aging & In-Home Solutions is a not-for-profit agency and one of 700 Area Agencies on Aging nationwide. Established in 1973 by an amendment to the 1965 Older Americans Act and incorporated in 1974, CICOA is not a government agency, but oversees state and federal funds and private donations to provide information, advocacy and support services for older adults, people with disabilities, and family caregivers.
CICOA is Indiana’s largest Area Agency on Aging and serves Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Marion, Morgan and Shelby Counties, where more than 26 percent of Indiana’s population lives. In FY 2016 (July 2015-June 2016), CICOA and its network of for-profit and not-for-profit providers delivered the following services:
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
» Aging & Disability Resource Center
» Meals & More
» Safe at Home
» Care Management
Aging & Disability Resource Center
- Handled 91,283 incoming and outgoing calls providing information and assistance.
- Conducted 3,345 telephone assessments.
- Referred more than 17,551 callers to other community resources.
- Participated in 386 health fairs and speaking engagements.
- Engaged 897 volunteers in 19,000 hours of community service.
- Logged 96,392 visits to CICOA’s website.
- Brokered in-home care management services, such as homemaker, home health aide and attendant care to 6,290 clients.
- Conducted 8,020 nursing facility preadmission screenings.
- Improved the transition of 1,440 individuals from inpatient hospital settings to other care settings through Care Transitions.
Meals & More
- Served 494,453 meals in our eight-county area.
- Served 387,368 home-delivered meals.
- Served 94,275 meals at neighborhood meal sites.
- Served 12,810 meals through the meal voucher program.
- Served 3,680 individuals in Central Indiana.
- Conducted 126 caregiver workshops/presentations.
Safe at Home
- Completed 254 home modifications to enhance accessibility and home safety.
- Funded or directly provided 58,793 one-way trips. This includes direct transportation trips (Essential Needs, Shuttle) and funded trips (Reuben Center, Taxi Discount Coupons, Wheelchair Vouchers, New Freedom Vouchers.)