CICOA Aging & In-Home Solutions is a not-for-profit agency and one of 700 Area Agencies on Aging nationwide. Established in 1973 by an amendment to the 1965 Older Americans Act and incorporated in 1974, CICOA is not a government agency, but oversees state and federal funds and private donations to provide information, advocacy and support services for older adults, people with disabilities, and family caregivers.
CICOA is Indiana’s largest Area Agency on Aging and serves Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Marion, Morgan and Shelby Counties, where more than 26 percent of Indiana’s population lives. In FY 2018 (July 2017-June 2018), CICOA and its network of for-profit and not-for-profit providers delivered the following services:
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
» Aging & Disability Resource Center
» Meals & More
» Safe at Home
» Flourish Care Management
Aging & Disability Resource Center
- Handled 88,917 incoming and outgoing calls providing information and assistance.
- Referred more than 29,683 callers to other community resources.
- Participated in 212 health fairs and speaking engagements.
- Engaged 244 volunteers in 22,938 hours of community service.
- Logged 124,809 visits to CICOA’s website.
- Brokered in-home care management services, such as homemaker, home health aide and attendant care to 8,459 clients.
- Improved the transition of 2,398 individuals from inpatient hospital settings to other care settings through Care Transitions.
Meals & More
- Served 385,266 meals in our eight-county area.
- Served 272,204 home-delivered meals.
- Served 88,586 meals at neighborhood meal sites.
- Served 24,476 meals through the meal voucher program.
- Served 3,356 individuals in Central Indiana.
- Conducted 116 caregiver workshops/presentations.
Safe at Home
- Completed 283 home modification projects to enhance accessibility and home safety with a total expenditure of $1,198,279.
- Funded or directly provided 49,932 one-way trips. This includes direct transportation trips (Essential Needs, Shuttle) and funded trips (Reuben Center, Taxi Discount Coupons, Wheelchair Vouchers, New Freedom Vouchers.)