CICOA Aging & In-Home Solutions is a not-for-profit agency and one of 700 Area Agencies on Aging nationwide. Established in 1973 by an amendment to the 1965 Older Americans Act and incorporated in 1974, CICOA is not a government agency, but oversees state and federal funds and private donations to provide information, advocacy and support services for older adults, people with disabilities, and family caregivers.
CICOA is Indiana’s largest Area Agency on Aging and serves Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Marion, Morgan and Shelby Counties. In FY 2019 (July 2018-June 2019), CICOA and its provider network delivered the following services:
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
» Aging & Disability Resource Center
» CareAware Caregiver Support
» Flourish Care Management
» Meals & More
» Safe at Home
» Way2Go Transportation
Aging & Disability Resource Center
- Handled 110,365 incoming and outgoing calls providing information and assistance.
- Referred more than 41,228 callers to other community resources.
- Participated in 298 health fairs and speaking engagements.
- Engaged 255 volunteers in 24,741 hours of community service.
- Logged 372,141 visits to CICOA’s website.
- Served 4,293 caregivers through CareAware.
Flourish Care Management
- Brokered in-home care management services, such as homemaker, home health aide and attendant care to 8,543 clients.
Meals & More
- Served 395,029 meals in our eight-county area.
- Served 287,233 home-delivered meals.
- Served 83,386 meals at neighborhood meal sites.
- Served 24,410 meals through the meal voucher program.
- Served 3,653 individuals in Central Indiana.
Safe at Home
- Completed 394 home modification projects to enhance accessibility and home safety.
- Funded or directly provided 49,796 one-way trips. This includes direct transportation trips (Essential Needs, Shuttle) and funded trips (Reuben Center, Taxi Discount Coupons, Wheelchair Vouchers, New Freedom Vouchers.)