CICOA Aging & In-Home Solutions is a not-for-profit agency and one of 700 Area Agencies on Aging nationwide. Established in 1973 by an amendment to the 1965 Older Americans Act and incorporated in 1974, CICOA is not a government agency, but oversees state and federal funds and private donations to provide information, advocacy and support services for older adults, people with disabilities, and family caregivers.
CICOA is Indiana’s largest Area Agency on Aging and serves Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Marion, Morgan and Shelby Counties, where more than 26 percent of Indiana’s population lives. In FY 2017 (July 2016-June 2017), CICOA and its network of for-profit and not-for-profit providers delivered the following services:
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
» Aging & Disability Resource Center
» Meals & More
» Safe at Home
» Care Management
Aging & Disability Resource Center
- Handled 107,778 incoming and outgoing calls providing information and assistance.
- Conducted 3,127 telephone assessments.
- Referred more than 20,941 callers to other community resources.
- Participated in 146 health fairs and speaking engagements.
- Engaged 1,402 volunteers in 13,216 hours of community service.
- Logged 94,744 visits to CICOA’s website.
- Brokered in-home care management services, such as homemaker, home health aide and attendant care to 7,743 clients.
- Improved the transition of 3,289 individuals from inpatient hospital settings to other care settings through Care Transitions.
Meals & More
- Served 841,000 meals in our eight-county area.
- Served 262,625 home-delivered meals.
- Served 93,175 meals at neighborhood meal sites.
- Served 21,781 meals through the meal voucher program.
- Served 465,268 meals through the Medicaid Waiver.
- Served 4,267 individuals in Central Indiana.
- Conducted 114 caregiver workshops/presentations.
Safe at Home
- Completed 285 home modification projects to enhance accessibility and home safety with a total expenditure of $1,043,218.
- Funded or directly provided 60,007 one-way trips. This includes direct transportation trips (Essential Needs, Shuttle) and funded trips (Reuben Center, Taxi Discount Coupons, Wheelchair Vouchers, New Freedom Vouchers.)