The annual Safe at Home community event is coming to the Maple Crossing neighborhood of Midtown in Indianapolis on September 28, 2019.
If you are interested in participating as a homeowner, please review the eligibility guidelines and list of projects below.
- 60 + years old or with a disability
- Own your home
- 250% of poverty level or below (1 person $31,225 per year, 2 persons $42,275 per year)
- Identified fall risk in the home
Projects and Services
- Install grab bars in bathrooms; handheld shower units
- Install banisters in stairwells and hallways
- Install handrails on outdoor steps
- Step transitions
- Install motion detection lighting
- Install smoke detectors
- Yard: Clean, organize and remove trash and yard debris when approved by owner