The following policy applies to CICOA’s Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC). This policy is a general guideline and may be revised as needed. The Aging and Disability Resource Center catalogs community services, maintains the accuracy of community information, provides information to the public at large, and links people with needed services.
Purpose of Inclusion/Exclusion Criteria
- To provide criteria and guidance in the development and maintenance of a specialized human services resource database to meet community needs.
- To insure the most complete, accurate, and up-to-date information available in an open and fair manner.
- To provide a written process for resolving local disputes regarding the formal and informal resources available.
- To adhere to the Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS) Standards for professional information and referrals.
- To document services, identify gaps in service, and assist with related community needs assessment activities.
- To maintain the intellectual property rights and any corresponding property rights for the information contained in the department.
Criteria for Inclusion
Eligibility for inclusion does not guarantee inclusion. The Aging and Disability Resource Center reserves the right to prioritize and limit entry as well as edit information to meet format, guideline and space requirements. The following general guidelines are used to determine whether an agency, organization or program is eligible to be listed in the ADRC department:
- Government agencies that provide services in the area of health, welfare, recreation, or education.
- Not-for-profit agencies programs, organizations, and community groups that provide direct and/or indirect health and human services with an IRS 501(c) (3) tax status.
- Public libraries, public and private educational facilities providing special services to the elderly and disabled.
- Churches, civic groups, and social or fraternal organizations that offer health and human services for the community-at-large.
- Help lines, information lines, or information and referral services that provide information on health and human services.
- Inpatient and outpatient facilities providing health and human services to the public.
- Agencies and Programs offering equipment or services that accept Medicaid, food stamps, or provide a free or low-cost service to the elderly, their caregivers and people with disabilities of any age .
- Home Health Care agencies and vendors that have service contracts with CICOA AGING & IN-HOME SOLUTIONS.
- Counseling centers and self-help support groups that offer free services or reasonable fees on a sliding scale based on income.
- Senior citizens centers.
Criteria for Exclusion
The following general guidelines are used to determine whether an Agency or Program is excluded from being listed in the ADRC department:
- Located outside the geographic service area and are unable to provide services or similar services are already available to individuals in our geographic service area.
- Provide information or public awareness that is only of a political nature.
- Deny or limit service based on color, race, religion, or gender.
- Violate local, state or federal laws.
- Offer a service to members only.
- Provide information primarily of a commercial nature.
- Have been in existence less than one year.
- Do not have an established address, phone, and consistently available contact person.
- Misrepresent their services in any way.
- Do not respond when asked to update information.
- Agencies where standards of service quality are heavily regulated and for which there exists an entity that adequately maintains current data and provides central referral for the services (e.g. agencies on CICOA’s vendor lists, indianahousingnow.org, or indyhousing.org).
The Aging and Disability Resource Center reserves the right to refuse or to cancel the listing of any agency, organization or program.
Agencies and Programs who want to appeal a decision regarding exclusion or cancellation from the ADRC department shall adhere to the following process:
- Request inclusion by contacting and clarifying the agency, organization or program services with the Director of Information & Assistance.
- If a resolution is not accomplished, a written request providing rationale for the appeal of the Director’s decision may be sent to the President and CEO of CICOA AGING & IN-HOME SOLUTIONS.
The Aging and Disability Resource Center does not guarantee client referrals to Agencies and Programs. CICOA only provides limited screening of clients for eligibility for services. No endorsement or lack of endorsement of any agency, organization, or program shall be construed from its inclusion or exclusion from the ADRC.
The Aging and Disability Resource Center does not rate agencies, organizations, or programs included in the ADRC and does not assume or guarantee the quality of service. Inclusion of services available only to a limited target population will be determined on a case-by-case basis.