Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program
The Indiana Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) began in 2002 under the Indiana WIC program. Indiana WIC partners with the Family and Social Services Administration Division on Aging and the local area agencies on aging (AAAs) to serve eligible seniors. The AAAs determine eligibility, provide nutrition education, and distribute checks to participating, income-eligible seniors. Interested seniors should contact their local AAA for information. Not every county participates in the SFMNP. CICOA provides vouchers redeemable at state approved SFMNP markets in eight counties: Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Marion, Morgan and Shelby.
- SFMNP is an annual program administered between the months of June-October
- Farmers Market Vouchers are available to participants at no cost
- Benefit will remain $20 with each booklet consisting of four (4) – $5.00 checks
- Participants must be 60 years old or over or be a qualified disabled person. A qualified disabled person is enrolled in an AAA program, under 60 years old but over 21 years, living in housing for the elderly and participating in congregate nutrition services.
- We do not take “walk-ins”. Folks are welcome to obtain applications from us at any time, but we will only distribute booklets during scheduled distribution days as indicated in the program information sheet below.