Older adults who use a wheelchair for their mobility needs may receive wheelchair transportation vouchers for transportation through Indianapolis Yellow Cab for a cost of $6.00 per voucher. Each voucher is good for a one-way trip for any purpose within Marion County. After receiving the vouchers, call Indianapolis Yellow Cab directly to schedule a ride. The driver will provide “through the door” service, which means they will assist you from inside the door of your dwelling, to entering and exiting the taxi, and getting inside the door at your appointment location. For more information, call (317) 803-6153
The requirements for service are:
- at least 60 years of age;
- live and travel in Marion County;
- review CICOA’s HIPAA Privacy Practices;
- Scan and email to: email@example.com
- Fax to: (317) 803-6151
- Mail to: CICOA Aging & In-Home Solutions, ATTN: 8440 Woodfield Crossing Blvd., Ste. 175, Indianapolis, IN 46240
- Visit our offices: 8440 Woodfield Crossing Blvd., Ste. 175, Indianapolis, IN 46240
If someone other than the consumer will be scheduling trips or ordering taxi discount fare or wheelchair vouchers fare, a Proxy Form authorizing this representative must be completed. Separate forms must be completed for each authorized representative. Forms can be completed at any time.Download the proxy form here.
How It Works
Each month consumers can purchase up to 15 wheelchair voucher fare at $6.00 each. This is the maximum per month based on availability. Wheelchair voucher fare is distributed on a first-come, first-served basis, and certain limits apply. You can request coupons by mail, phone, or in person. After receiving the fare, call Indianapolis Yellow Cab directly – any hour of the day, seven days a week – to schedule a ride.
Additional questions may be answered by viewing the Frequently Asked Questions.
How to Get Started
To use the wheelchair voucher fare, you must first complete and submit a Senior Transportation application. Your application will be processed with three to five (3-5) business days of receiving it in our office. If you would like to place an order of wheelchair voucher fare at the time you submit your application, you must include details of your order. Your order will be processed and the wheelchair voucher fare will be returned to you by mail within five business days. There is a limit on the amount of wheelchair voucher fare CICOA can issue per month. If we have reached this limit when we receive your order, you will be notified by a Way2Go staff member.
You can place a future order in any of the following ways:
- Phone: Call (317) 803-6153 to order with a credit card and receive your wheelchair voucher fare by mail.
- Mail a check or money order: CICOA Aging & In-Home Solutions, ATTN: 8440 Woodfield Crossing Blvd., Ste. 175, Indianapolis, IN 46240
- Visit our office: 8440 Woodfield Crossing Blvd., Ste. 175, Indianapolis, IN 46240