The Referral Form for Options Counseling and Long-Term Services and Supports is an online alternative to calling CICOA’s Aging & Disability Resource Center (ADRC) at 317-803-6131. Options counseling is a free service that helps older adults, people with disabilities and family caregivers think through the pros and cons of various options for long-term services and supports. Referrals will be responded to in the order received.
- CICOA serves the following counties in Central Indiana: Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Marion, Morgan, and Shelby. If the individual needing assistance lives outside of CICOA’s service area, please visit in.gov/fssa/inconnectalliance to locate the appropriate Aging & Disability Resource Center.
- Options Counseling referrals include:
- Information about long-term services and supports (in-home care, assisted living, nursing facility placement, etc.)
- Assessments for home- and community-based services (Medicaid waivers, CHOICE, home-delivered meals, etc.)
- Community resource referrals (housing, legal, food pantries, etc.)
- Home- and community-based services have eligibility guidelines that may vary from year to year, including income and asset criteria.
- If you are seeking information on behalf of someone else, please notify the individual that you are making this referral and that CICOA will contact them by phone.
- Individuals have the right to refuse any and all services, including CICOA’s initial phone assessment.
*In the event that CICOA has attempted to make contact with the individual without success, it will be the responsibility of that person to contact CICOA directly through the Aging & Disability Resource Center at 317-803-6131.
** The referral form requests information that is privileged and confidential, including patient information protected by federal and state privacy laws. We use security measures on our website to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of data used by our system. CICOA Aging & In-Home Solutions will not share, sell, rent or distribute personal information with anyone without your permission or unless ordered by a court of law. Information submitted to us is available only to employees managing this information for purposes of contacting you and assessing eligibility for services.