The CICOA Solutions Guide is a resource for seniors, people with disabilities and family caregivers in Central Indiana.
CareAware Video Series
Help and Hope for Family Caregivers is a free six-part video series and accompanying workbook to help meet the emotional, physical and logistical demands of caregiving. Each video features interviews with subject matter experts and real life family caregivers.
Dementia Friends Indiana
Learn more about dementia, how to break down the stigma, and ways to make life easier to navigate for people with dementia and their caregivers.
Are you feeling overwhelmed? Take this 15-minute online self-assessment to identify symptoms of impending caregiver burnout and find solutions.
Energy Conservation E-book
These strategies for conserving your body's energy can help protect yourself from injury and fatigue while caring for your loved one.
More Caregiver Resources
- National Alliance for Caregiving, www.caregiving.org
- Today’s Caregiver, www.caregiver.com
- Family Caregiver Alliance, www.caregiver.org
- Caregiver Action Network, caregiveraction.org
- National Caregivers Library, www.caregiverslibrary.org
- The Well Spouse Foundation, www.wellspouse.org
- Administration for Community Living, www.acl.gov
- Centers for Disease Control, www.cdc.gov
- INconnect Alliance, www.in.gov/fssa/inconnectalliance
- Medicare, medicare.gov
- National Resource Directory, for military, veterans and families, www.nrd.gov
- State Health Insurance Program (SHIP), www.in.gov/ship
- Social Security Administration, www.ssa.gov
- Veterans Administration, www.va.gov
Aging (Elders and Driving)
- AARP Driver Safety Program, www.aarp.org/auto/driver-safety
- The Hartford Center for Mature Market Excellence, https://www.thehartford.com/resources/mature-market-excellence/dementia-driving
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, nhtsa.gov
- Senior Driving & Mobility Services, (clinical and behind-the-wheel driving assessments), www.seniordms.com
- The ALS Association, www.alsa.org
- Alzheimer’s Association, www.alz.org
- American Association for Respiratory Care, www.aarc.org
- American Cancer Society, www.cancer.org
- American Diabetes Association, www.diabetes.org
- American Heart Association, www.americanheart.org
- American Lung Association, www.lungusa.org
- American Stroke Association, www.stroke.org
- Arthritis Foundation, www.arthritis.org
- Autoimmune Disorders, www.nlm.nih.gov
- Lewy Body Dementia Association, Inc., www.lbda.org
- Lupus Foundation of America, Inc., www.lupus.org
- Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation, www.curemeso.org
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society, www.nationalmssociety.org
- Parkinson's Foundation, www.parkinson.org
- Indianapolis Bar Assn (Lawyer Referral), www.indybar.org, 317-269-2000
- Legal Line (free consult by Indianapolis Bar Assn) – 2nd Tues ONLY, 6-8 PM, 317-269-2000
- Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic, www.nclegalclinic.org
- Senior Law Project (specialize in Elder Law; must meet financial eligibility), www.indianalegalservices.org/node/588/indiana-legal-services-senior-law-project, 317-631-9424
Caregiver Support Services
For one-on-one caregiver support, contact us for a CareAware consultation.