A resource for seniors, people with disabilities and family caregivers
Are you searching for community resources for older adults, people with disabilities or family caregivers in Central Indiana?
As Indiana’s largest Area Agency on Aging, CICOA serves Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Marion, Morgan and Shelby counties. In the Solutions Guide, you will find many Central Indiana community-based resources to help you or your loved ones live with independence and out of institutional care.
The organizations, programs and services listed in the Solutions Guide are continually changing. If you cannot find the resource you need in this directory or would like to discuss your situation with someone personally, please call CICOA’s Aging & Disability Resource Center. Options counselors are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., at 317-803-6131.
Get the Solutions Guide
CICOA connects you to local resources in Indianapolis and surrounding areas for assistance with:
- Basic Needs - meals, housing, home accessibility, transportation, utility assistance
- Consumer Services - consumer protection, tax services, money management
- Education & Enrichment - elderhostel programs
- Environment & Public Health/Safety - fire prevention, poison safety
- Health Care - assistive technology, dental care, driver assessments, geriatrics, hearing, vision, medication management, home care, hospice, nursing facilities, respite, personal emergency response systems, service animals, wellness programs
- Income Support - employment, public assistance, social health insurance, retirement benefits, volunteer programs
- Individual & Family Life - adult day service, Aging-in-Place, companionship, home repair/maintenance, translation, protective services, support groups
- Legal Services - adult guardianship, ombudsman
- Mental Health & Substance Abuse - outpatient & inpatient care, bereavement counseling
- Organizational/Community Services - long-term care options counseling, community centers, medical equipment donations, libraries, senior advocacy groups, senior centers
- Other Resources - Alzheimer's Disease/Dementia, developmental disabilities, traumatic brain injury, senior discount programs
- Caregiver Services - CareAware caregiver support, kinship care