Indiana - a community where older adults and those of any age with a disability flourish.
We need people to make that happen. A career at CICOA matches your passion for helping others with our dedication to improving lives.
Is CICOA the right fit for you? Consider a career here if:
- You’re passionate and interested in social work, working with seniors or people with disabilities, or making change through a nonprofit.
- You believe in creating exceptional experiences for clients and co-workers.
- You work hard and have an awesome time doing it.
- You’re seeking a rewarding career in Central Indiana. Our office is located in north Indianapolis, and we serve Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Marion, Morgan and Shelby counties.
- Supportive environment
- Flexible hours
- Remote work and hybrid work
- Competitive pay
- Beautiful headquarters near Keystone at the Crossing
- Opportunities for advancement
- Commitment to diversity & inclusion
- Wellness initiatives
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance & Dependent Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Earned Leave Time (vacation, sick, personal)
- Educational Assistance
Exhibits and promotes ethical behavior and actions
Committed to the mission and vision of CICOA
Accepts the personal responsibility necessary to achieve team & organizational outcomes
Exhibits respect in all interactions
Strives for excellence in all areas of my role within CICOA
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
Feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued at CICOA.
Bring your passion to a nonprofit organization that’s growing and making a difference in Central Indiana.
We have full-time and part-time positions dedicated to serving seniors and people with disabilities. Social workers and client advocates (care managers, options counselors, care coordinators and community health workers) are continuously needed to meet the growing needs of our clients, but you'll also find open positions across our departments – meals, transportation, accounting, fundraising and more.
We value interns for their creativity, go-get-’em attitude, ambition, and eagerness to learn. As an intern, you’re part of the team, bringing your ideas to the table and gaining practical experience for your future.
“[During our internship at CICOA,] we learned what person-centered care looks like and how important it is to involve the client in the decisions about their lives.”
- Julia Ollikainen & Trellie Johnson, MSW Interns
Are you seeking a training internship in order to build the skills necessary for a career in care management, nonprofit programs, research or innovation?
CICOA has available internship positions in the fall, spring and summer. We can work with you to create an internship that develops your strengths and personal interests while giving you the opportunity to learn more about the operations of an area agency on aging and nonprofit foundation. A flexible schedule is based on your college course load and availability.
CICOA Nutrition & Wellness Coordinator VISTA 2023-2024
In this role, you will help expand the Meals & More programs of CICOA. The Meals department provides nutritionally balanced meals at Neighborhood meal sites. By reaching new audiences and increasing nutritional programming you will help us serve more meals to some of the seniors most in need.
CICOA Nutrition & Dementia Services Coordinator VISTA 2023-2024
In this role, you will create resources to improve the nutritional intake of clients with dementia. Through research, education, and the distribution of materials/resources, you will also impact caregiver stress. You will witness the Dementia Friends Indiana movement and expand skills under the direction of our Nutrition team and dementia programs supervisor. You will have the opportunity to apply your creativity and energy in ways that will be recognized long after your term.
CICOA is an equal employment opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CICOA will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.