The CICOA Foundation is an Indiana-based 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation established in 1992 to fund and support the mission of CICOA Aging & In-Home Solutions.
Because of the growing population age 60 and older in Central Indiana, CICOA cannot meet all of the needs of elderly and homebound individuals. Donations of money and other gifts from individuals, businesses and organizations enable the Foundation to enhance the many programs and services CICOA provides to seniors and persons with disabilities throughout Central Indiana. Donations to the CICOA Foundation are tax deductible.
The Foundation is governed by a Board of Trustees who are committed to its mission and vision. It is the responsibility of the Board to manage and disburse assets prudently within a policy that provides for growth.
The CICOA Foundation:
- Provides a private/public partnership for raising and managing philanthropic support.
- Allocates unrestricted funds to support urgent needs that CICOA is unable to finance with public funds.
- Adheres to all state and national accounting, managerial and ethical standards.
- Manages donated funds as stipulated by the donor.
- Maintains an independent board of volunteers who develop a sense of ownership and pride in CICOA, critical to success in fundraising.