Flourish Care Management is a comprehensive service designed to meet the long-term care needs of older adults and people of any age with disabilities in a home or community-based setting with better health outcomes, better care, and at a lower cost than institutional care. Using a team-based, person-centered approach, our care managers assess an individual’s eligibility for services, functional impairment and care needs, develop a customized plan of care, and coordinate all services required to extend independent living.
Once services are in place, care managers then provide continuous support, monitoring client progress against person-centered goals and adjusting care plans as functional needs change, to promote health and safety.
Care plans may include:
- adult day services
- attendant care
- homemaker services
- skilled nursing
- home-delivered meals
- home accessibility modifications
- personal emergency response systems
- caregiver respite
- specialized medical equipment
- and more
The care manager also monitors efficient and effective use of services and provides accountability for dollars spent from public and private funding sources. Funding sources available through the State of Indiana’s Division of Aging under the Family Social Services Administration include:
- Home and Community Based Waiver Services (HCBS) under the Medicaid Aged & Disabled Waiver (A&D)
- Traumatic Brain Injury Waiver (TBI)
- CHOICE (Community and Home Options to Institutional Care for the Elderly and Disabled)
- SSBG (Social Service Block Grant)/Title III funding.
CICOA’s Care Managers are professionals with degrees in social work, psychology, sociology, gerontology or nursing.
Contact the Aging & Disability Resource Center (ADRC) at 317-803-6131 to request an assessment, discuss eligibility requirements, or learn about other community resources.