News & Stories
CICOA Receives $20,000 Qsource Grant for Dialysis Transportation
Qsource Community Partnerships (QCP) has awarded a $20,000 grant to CICOA’s Way2Go transportation service to pilot a transportation program for dialysis patients. CICOA’s project is one of 19 health improvement projects supported by QCP in Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri and Tennessee.
Dialysis patients who are on low, fixed incomes need affordable, reliable transportation for their treatments. Through this pilot program in collaboration with Davita Dialysis, CICOA will be able to meet the transportation needs of clients receiving dialysis. The program will help them adhere to treatment plans, reduce emergency room visits and hospitalizations, reduce stress and worry for patients and families, and lead to improved health outcomes and better quality of life.
Way2Go Transportation provides transportation options for older adults and people with disabilities in Central Indiana. Marion County residents who are at least 60 years of age and have completed a Way2Go application are eligible for:
- Essential needs transportation – rides to medical appointments and government services.
- Grocery shopping and shuttle services – weekly scheduled service from various senior apartment complexes to grocery stores, banks and shopping.
- Wheelchair transportation service.
- Taxi discounts – half-price taxi coupon books.
- My Freedom – transportation service across county lines for people of any age with disabilities.
For more information about CICOA’s Way2Go transportation service, call (317) 803-6153 or email email@example.com.
Qsource is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) healthcare quality improvement and information technology consultancy headquartered in Tennessee since 1973. Qsource provides a wide range of programs and services to assist states, organizations, patients, and providers in improving community health, improving healthcare quality and delivery, and achieving improved patient outcomes and costs savings. To learn more, visit www.Qsource.org/QsourceCares.