Get fresh fruits and vegetables at your local farmers market!
Seniors in Central Indiana can apply for checks to redeem at state-approved farmers markets in the CICOA service area, valid each year from summer to October.
Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program
The Indiana Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) began in 2002 under the Indiana WIC program. Indiana WIC partners with the Family and Social Services Administration Division on Aging and the local area agencies on aging (AAAs), such as CICOA, to serve eligible seniors. The AAAs determine eligibility, provide nutrition education, and distribute checks to participating, income-eligible seniors. Interested seniors should contact their local AAA for information. Not every county participates in the SFMNP.
CICOA provides farmers market checks redeemable at state-approved SFMNP markets in eight counties: Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Marion, Morgan and Shelby.
- SFMNP is an annual program administered between the months of August-October.
- Farmers Market Checks are available to participants at no cost.
- Participants receive a booklet of checks to spend, totaling $40
- Participants must be 60 years old or over, or age 55 and over, disabled and living in senior housing with congregate nutrition services.
- We do not take “walk-ins” for farmers market vouchers. You are welcome to obtain applications from us at any time, but we will only distribute booklets during scheduled distribution days.
Contact CICOA Meals & More Service
For more information about the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program:
Call: (317) 803-6042
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.