Get fresh fruits and vegetables at your local farmers market!
Seniors in Central Indiana can apply for benefits to use at state-approved farmers markets in the CICOA service area, valid each year from summer to October.
Important Notice about 2023 Farmers Market Program
The Indiana State Department of Health has made changes to the distribution and redemption of funds for the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program.
- Paper checks will not be used this year. Benefits will be electronic and accessible on the app, MyMarketLink.
- Participants will have 30 days from issuance to spend the $50 benefit on produce. No exceptions for any reason.
- The app will provide a map of participating farmers markets. The red tomato sign will help shoppers identify participating vendors at the market.
- We do not have a start date yet. When the application is available, it will be posted here on the CICOA website.
Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program
The Indiana Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) began in 2002 under the Indiana WIC program. Indiana WIC partners with the Family and Social Services Administration Division on Aging and the local area agencies on aging (AAAs), such as CICOA, to serve eligible seniors. The AAAs determine eligibility, provide nutrition education, and distribute checks to participating, income-eligible seniors. Interested seniors should contact their local AAA for information. Not every county participates in the SFMNP.
CICOA provides farmers market checks redeemable at state-approved SFMNP markets in eight counties: Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Marion, Morgan and Shelby.
- SFMNP is an annual program administered from summer to October.
- Farmers Market benefits are available to participants at no cost.
- Participants receive $50 in benefits to spend within 30 days.
- Participants must be 60 years old or over, or age 55 and over, disabled and living in senior housing with congregate nutrition services.
- We do not take “walk-ins” for farmers market vouchers. You are welcome to obtain applications from us at any time, but we will only distribute booklets during scheduled distribution days.
Contact CICOA Meals & More Service
For more information about the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program:
Call: (317) 803-6042
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.