Get fresh fruits and vegetables at your local farmers market!
Seniors in Central Indiana can apply for vouchers to redeem at state-approved farmers markets in the CICOA service area, valid June-October each year.
The 2021 application is now open!
2021 Information Sheet (See page 2 for participating farmers markets.)
Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program
The Indiana Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) began in 2002 under the Indiana WIC program. Indiana WIC partners with the Family and Social Services Administration Division on Aging and the local area agencies on aging (AAAs), such as CICOA, to serve eligible seniors. The AAAs determine eligibility, provide nutrition education, and distribute checks to participating, income-eligible seniors. Interested seniors should contact their local AAA for information. Not every county participates in the SFMNP.
CICOA provides vouchers redeemable at state-approved SFMNP markets in eight counties: Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Marion, Morgan and Shelby.
- SFMNP is an annual program administered between the months of June-October.
- Farmers Market Vouchers are available to participants at no cost.
- Participants receive a $20 voucher booklet consisting of four (4) $5.00 checks
- Participants must be 60 years old or over, or age 55 and over, disabled and living in senior housing with congregate nutrition services.
- We do not take “walk-ins” for farmers market vouchers. You are welcome to obtain applications from us at any time, but we will only distribute booklets during scheduled distribution days.
Apply for Farmers Market Vouchers
Farmers Market Vouchers Distribution Events
If possible, please bring a completed and signed application for quick service. Applications also will be available onsite.
Distribution at CICOA Parking Lot:
8440 Woodfield Crossing Blvd., Suite 175
Indianapolis, IN 46240
Parking Lot Distribution Event Map
Thursday, June 24 from 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Rain date June 25
The Social of Greenwood
550 Polk St., Greenwood, IN 46143
Thursday, July 8 from 12:00 p.m.-1:30 p.m.
210 W. Pike St., Martinsville, IN 46151
Friday, July 16 from 1:00-2:00 p.m.
Contact CICOA Meals & More Service
For more information about the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program:
Call: (317) 803-6042
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.