Transportation around Central Indiana for Seniors and People with Disabilities
People experiencing a disability or anyone over the age of 60 in Central Indiana may be eligible for the My Freedom program, offering affordable cross-county transportation for qualifying individuals.
Experience a new level of freedom with reduced fares from your home to work, appointments, church or just to see your friend!
If you or a loved one could benefit from My Freedom transportation service, please read the eligibility and guidelines below, and complete an application to get started.
Eligibility for My Freedom Transportation
- Clients aged 60 years or older
- Clients of any age with ANY disability (must provide a medical verification form signed by a physician, or an active IndyGo Access Card)
Where Can My Freedom Transportation Take You?
The Central Indiana counties in the My Freedom service area include Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Madison, Marion, Morgan and Shelby counties.
My Freedom fares can be used for:
- Crossing a county line or traveling within the same county in one of the seven surrounding counties adjacent to Marion County, or in Madison County.
- The program cannot be used for trips entirely within Marion County; for such trips, please contact IndyGo Access at 317-635-3344.
What Can I Use My Freedom Fares For?
This program can be used for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- Work-related travel
- Social visits with family and friends
- Church and faith community activities
- Barber or beauty salon appointments
- Medical, dental, or vision appointments
- Therapy sessions
- Dialysis treatments
- Grocery store runs
- Pharmacy visits and more.
What is the Cost?
Seniors and people with disabilities who use the My Freedom transportation service pay a highly discounted rate for fares, thanks to funding from CICOA, CIRTA and FTA.
- If the pickup location is in Marion County and involves crossing one county line, the trip cost includes a $5 pickup fee plus $2 per mile. The system calculates the shortest mileage route.
- For round trips, which consist of two one-way trips, the $5 pickup fee and $2 per mile are applied to each trip.
- If the pickup location is in Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Madison, Morgan, or Shelby County, minimum trip charge fees will apply. Please inquire about pricing with Ztrip at (317) 487-7777 if traveling with them.
Apply for My Freedom Transportation
Request your doctor to complete a Medical Verification Form.
If you're 60 years or older, or you already have an IndyGo Access Card - skip to Step 2!
Complete a My Freedom Application.
If you complete the PDF form, submit it to CICOA Way2Go in one of these ways:
- Scan and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to: (317) 803-6151
- Mail to: CICOA Aging & In-Home Solutions, ATTN: Way2Go Transportation, 8440 Woodfield Crossing Blvd., Ste. 175, Indianapolis, IN 46240
- Visit our offices: 8440 Woodfield Crossing Blvd., Ste. 175, Indianapolis, IN 46240
If you have questions regarding the program, contact Way2go at (317) 803-6153 and press option #4. If you need assistance completing an application, please reach out to our Aging and Disability Resource Center at (317) 803-6131.
Await your Welcome Packet and Farecard to begin riding!
- Once accepted into the program, a farecard will be issued in your welcome packet.
- You must load funds onto the farecard before traveling.
- To add fare for transportation, call the Way2go office at 317-803-6153 and press option #3.
- When ready for transport, provide the farecard and your ID to the provider. The provider will input the pickup and destination addresses into the system and scan the farecard for payment.
A list of providers will be included in the welcome packet. Currently, Ztrip is the sole provider, but efforts are underway to add additional providers.