Simple acts of kindness go a long way.
- Complete the online application. Please identify which type of volunteer service you are most interested in and the amount of time you are available.
- You will be contacted by phone or email within 3 business days by the Volunteer Coordinator. You will learn more about what opportunities are currently available.
- A background check will be initiated by CICOA. We work with sensitive data and provide services in client homes. For this reason, every volunteer must have a clean criminal record.
- Once the background check results come in, we will contact you about setting up an orientation.
- Orientations can be conducted in groups or individually in the office or in the community, depending on your circumstances.
- You will be placed in a volunteer assignment based on availability and your interest. We have many needs and flexibility of assignments. We can find an area to fit your needs.
- You are responsible to keep track of volunteer hours served. The Volunteer Coordinator will contact you at the end of the month to collect your volunteer hours and inquire about your progress/satisfaction with the assignment.