Nearly 43.5* million people in America are providing care for a loved one. Are you one of them?
If so, you likely face a multitude of tasks, decisions and feelings–from dealing with your loved one’s special challenges and navigating a maze of resources, to balancing caregiving with other responsibilities and managing your own health.
CICOA’s CareAware caregiver support services include one-on-one options counseling for individuals of any income level, as well as group education and support.
In addition, CICOA’s Aging & Disability Resource Center can help you make informed decisions about:
- Planning for in-home or long-term care
- Housing options
- Community-based services, including home-delivered meals, transportation, home modifications and more
- Accessing resources to help pay for services (Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance)
- Transitioning between levels of care
- Peer support
- Self care
Does your loved one live outside Central Indiana?
For more information on programs or services nationwide, use the ElderCare Locator at https://eldercare.acl.gov or call 800-677-1116.
* Caregiving in the U.S.–2015 Report